Monday, December 21, 2009

The Rental

To pick up from last week...we managed to secure a rental car...unfortunately, in spite of the fact that I doled out the cash, Harpy had to procure said vehicle...Which means...that's right...Harpy tries once again to claim sovereignty over all others in matters car related...i.e., I'm the driver so I should get to listen to whatever I want and everyone else can f*** off, I want to stop here for food but we aren't going to stop there for you to pick up a pair of gloves, in fact if she doesn't feel it is beneficial to her no one goes anywhere...We get to where we are going...Watch my son's team win the championship and head to the nearest buffet place with the team...I am forced to dole out even more cash to cover the five members of our party...four of whom I have no reservations about paying for, mind you, but number five of course has said I'll receive the money back from her dinner...I'd hold my breath but the shade of blue I would turn doesn't go with my eyes and I'd be holding my breath for a long time...Then the gas money issue arises...she has none...okay no problem, it was for my son so it's money well spent...however I will only put enough in to get us from point a to point b and back again...I carefully calculated the amount and bought just enough...I knew that if I bought more she would abscond with the vehicle and spend money we could be using for the kids to make sure she had gas to drive around with her bf...So on Sunday the car sat in the driveway for the majority of the day...We were only allowed limited use of it and only if my mother was going to the store for Harpy...

No comments: