Monday, December 14, 2009

Thermals

Okay...where were we...Last Thursday I purchase a set of thermals for my daughter...we will be going somewhere on Saturday and it is supposed to be cold...She knows if harpy finds out I have bought her the thermals a fight over misspending of my funds (buying stuff for the kids directly instead of putting the fundage in Harpaic pockets) will result in Inquisition style questioning...So we decide Mommy Dearest should not find out about them...Well guess who finds out...yup...Harpy...so my daughter tells her a friend from school bought them for her...Harpy begins to chastise the child proclaiming that her acceptance of the "alleged" gift is tantamount to proclaiming that she is a charity case..As punishment for accepting the thermals from "her friend" a Harpaic declaration is issued...a decree which states that the aforementioned offender (my daughter) will receive naught more than underwear and thermals for Christmas...So let's see YOU won't purchase them but no one else is allowed to either...This is reminiscent of the coat episode which occurred not too long ago wherein my son was given one of the four winter coats my mother brought home form her last trip North...upon seeing my son in the jacket she shrieked in horror "Where did you get that?"...my son informed her that his grandmother had given it to him..."Take it off!"...upon seeing him hesitate to obey her order she screamed.."Take that f***ing jacket off..I didn't buy it so you can't wear it...you haven't worn any of the jackets I bought you and I'll be damned if you're going to wear one someone else gave you..." The interesting thing here is she hasn't bought him a coat for a loooong time so his winter coats are old...Now the funny thing about this is an amazing contradiction which occurred after the initial coat argument..My daughter had taken a liking to a particular coat from the four my mother had brought and nothing was said about her wearing it...Right now you're probably sitting there saying..."But...um...er...she yelled about the thermals...and your son's coat...why would...uh...?" Stop wondering, this is an Harpaic phenomenon known as "If I can make it into a reason to yell I will contradict every other thing I have done or said"

Let me cite some prime examples:
To son: All jobs require a urine test
To son later in same conversation: Your uncle didn't need to take a pee test

To my mother upon hearing she had used some sports cream on sons sore shoulder:You don't put anything on my son without clearing it through me first, the stuff you used has such and such and if they test him his sports career is over (It contained no such thing)
Fact: Harpy has used sports cream on him which DOES contain a substance which can cause a false positive reading

To daughter: Your friend has no future because his mother lives in her mothers house (???)
Fact: After we broke up Harpy lived with her mother until her mothers demise in 2008(?)

To son: You have a poor judgement of character when it comes to friends
Fact:She has introduced my children to an ex-con who was selling my brother drugs, one of her boyfriends pulled a knife when he saw my son approaching the car, her current bf who buys drugs for his mother and insists on pointing out the place where he buys them to my kids and their friends

To me: The kids are the way they are because of you and your family
To daughter: I was the same way you were at 14 and I'll go "all ghetto" on your ass just like I used to when I was 14 if you wanna bring it..

The last one is the most intriguing of all because while proclaiming my family as the problem
A.) She fully admits to having acted the exact same way at this age
B.) Due to her and her mother's obsessive need for control me and my family have had a limited influence on the children
C.) This behavior started occurring while she was here in Va and I was still in NY and was the reason she called me to come down in the first place...

I was going to cover more topics in this post but I think this is enough for this one...


No comments: